Web Design Company Saudi Arabia | Strategy #4: Analyze Competition
Understanding what the competition is doing can help you finalize your redesign plan. Look at what is and isn’t working as far as making emotional connections and search engine rankings.
With a clear redesign strategy, we were ready to move on to the next phase and develop a design plan.
We recognized that that our old website spoke in stuffy corporate tones that was lacking in personality and emotion. We decided to rebrand with:
- A modernized logo
- Colors that were bright and cheerful
- Imagery that was fun and invited our visitors relax and explore the possibilities
- Typography that was modern and friendly
- Landing page layout that was easy to navigate and inspired people to learn more about collecting data that they could act on
- Copy that matched our casual voice that spoke about exploring questions and discovering answers
- Pages that were responsive and mobile friendly
- Call-to-action that increased signups for our 14 day free trial
A mood board (also known in some fields as an inspiration board) is extremely useful for establishing the aesthetic feel of a web site. It usually fits into the design process somewhere between the wireframes and design mockups.
A mood board explores photography style, color palettes, typography, patterns, and the overall look and feel of the site.
We used an outside web design agency, Slice of Lime, to help us with this process. We had several meeting sessions that focused on our personality, user persona, goals, and mission statement before they presented color palettes and visual illustrations.
They then watched our emotional reaction to the illustrations. It didn’t take long for us to choose which visual image best represented our unique qualities and brand message.
These little bots best reflected our brand personality. They were whimsical and worked well with our theme of explore and discover.
Call Malafaat Marketing TODAY 00966531963999 or fill the Contact Form